Friday, August 24, 2012

Gluten-Free Shepard's Pie

 The Gluten-Free Goddess has once again made my kitchen and our tummy's happy. This Shepard's Pie was a quick and delicious dinner tonight and perfect to stock my freezer for a busy night re-heat.

I made mine in small ramekins that hold about a cup and a half. I topped them with a red potato mash (didn't even peel them) and a sprinkle of Dayia. I ended up with six (yeah!) little mini dinners.
 
Karina added chicken to one batch and tofu to another. I tried crumbled firm tofu, smoked tofu, and chunks of tempeh in mine. Two little pies of each flavor. The winner was the firm tofu pies although, I think they would be delicious with white beans for your protein if you are not a tofu fan. Or, leave it out and have a veggie pie. The simple topping, yummy white sauce, and versatile veggie mixture make this recipe great addition to your dinner rotation. 

 
Head on over to Gluten-Free Goddess for the recipe and lots more winners.

1 comment:

  1. Look amazing! I must to try it! :)
    Are you from USA? :)

    Greetings from Poland! :)
    Marta

    ReplyDelete