Monday, August 6, 2012

Pasta Pie with Roasted Veggies


This pasta pie is a perfect week night meal. Easy to throw together with a short bake time and very little prep.

The original recipe is from Gluten-Free Goddess. Karina's website is all gluten free and has a large section of vegan recipes too. Most of her recipes can be used as guides that allow for substitution of ingredients with suggestions.

For this Pasta Pie I used the veggies I had on hand: broccoli, onion, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. I think it would be delicious with any variety you have handy. The cherry tomatoes on top are a must with a little burst of sweet as you're eating. Also, the fresh rosemary will make your kitchen smell wonderful and adds to the restaurant entree taste.

I was a little skeptical about my Vegan White Sauce when I first tasted it so, I added a teaspoon of Herbamare and an additional teaspoon of mustard. Also, I didn't have any cornbread crumbs so I used crushed corn chips for the topping. Other than that, I followed Karina's recipe and I'm glad I did! Good for dinner and great as leftovers for lunch the next day.

Try it, modify it. Either way, you'll love it!

Head on over to The Gluten-free Goddess for the Vegan Pasta Pie recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment